In recent years, virtual social networks have transformed the way men and women relate and interact with each other. The new technologies of information and communication technologies (ICTs) are spaces where an exhibition of personal life, involving new forms of violence and control over women and new forms of emotional and sexual relations is performed.
Judicial reality evidence the increase in complaints filed by women victims of gender violence, which along with acts of physical and psychological violence, behaviors aimed are warned to control their personal relationships through ICT, in two main ways .
These criminal behavior, are often invisible in their own complaints, even in judicial interrogation, leading to the accused not declare for them as defendants, being outside the indictment and therefore without trial.
The / teens are heavy users of these virtual communications. It is therefore not an exaggeration to say that youth feel, communicate and live their relations in the social network and therefore at a stage where they are building their own distinct identity and where construction on gender identity has fundamental role.
ICTs have changed the way young people live their relationships, making it open.Allowing them to always know where they are, what they are doing and who they are talking to their partners, etc. These manifestations may be the prelude to a violent relationship or a relationship domain.
Therefore, in many occasions, it is passed from one controller to the execution behavior of virtual violence. As the couple maintained, with public humiliation (publication of photos demeaning, or attempting comments ridiculing); threats, if the girl wants to break the relationship, “if you dare to leave me, you see posted on facebook photos that you and I know”, or cyberbullying (constant referral messages).
These criminal behaviors are not warned by the young, who deny, downplaying the seriousness of the behavior of their partners and justifying it in romantic love. This response from them has led to the normalization of these behaviors of control and jealousy, based on the habitual, ” do all the boys are as í”.
The influence of these ideals and messages transmitted through audiovisual techniques, reproduce traditional gender stereotypes, sexist positions and even the use of women as sex objects.
Romantic love to which we referred, plays the same myths and beliefs about finding the better half, the crush and the happy ending, and it is not easy for most young people understand other models of love.
Generations change the way we communicate, but the bottom substrate remains the same and therefore express the reality of a society that imposes different places for women and for men.
We must learn key concepts such as:
– Intimacy: intimate spiritual and reserved area of a person or group, especially a family.
– DATA PROTECTION: right to decide on one’s personal information.
– CYBERBULLYING or cyberbullying: psychological aggression, sustained and repeated over time, perpetrated by the subjects of art. 1.1 LO 1/2004, against their partner or ex-partner, using new technologies across platforms or virtual systems such as email, messaging systems, whatsapps, social networks, blogs or forums …
– SEXTING: sending text messages via SMS, MMS or similar images taken by the aggressor or recorded by the protagonist of them of a sexual nature from mobile communication devices, in order to damage the honor and image of women and that can even be used to promote blackmail the victim then called sextorsi ng , in order to exercise control and domination under threat.
– STALKING STALKING or: form of harassment through ICT consisting of continuous and intrusive persecution of a subject which is intended to restore personal contact against their will.
– GROOMING: (grooming) set of deliberate actions as a matter of deliberate deception by an adult in order to establish bonds of friendship / relationship and trust with a child on the Internet, with the aim of obtaining sexual satisfaction particularly through erotic or pornographic images of minors.
While this is the criminal response, the last resort, companies should prevent the reported attitudes like, which can only come from the hand of an equal education since childhood. Get a copy with Crescendo PDF.
(c) Copyright 1997-2001 - Worldwide Alternatives to ViolencE - All Rights Reserved - Webmaster